- Gear List
Combo horseback hunt. Price includes transportation, meals, lodging, license and tags per person.
- Species: Moose
- Average Classification: 45 - 55
- Shot Opportunity: 80
- Weapons: Cross Bow, Muzzleloader, Rifle, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: BH010
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
Targeting mature bull moose, point restriction is tripalm or 10 countable points on 1 antler. Targeting 300" bull elk
September 01, 2020 - September 23, 2020
- Special Deal: $10,000.00
2X1 pricing 8500
Contact Outfitter for group rates
British Columbia, Canada
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
Combo horseback hunt. The hunt is mid September, moose/elk combos are also available in October. Price includes transportation, meals, lodging, license and tags per person.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Wall Tent?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Outfitter will supply a wall tent or backpacking tent for this hunt. This hunt can also be conducted out of a rustic backcountry cabin. Hunter must bring their own sleeping bag and pad.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Hunters will get a mix of backpacking food and fresh food. Homestyle cooking-meat and potatoes.
- Physical Conditions: Moderate Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
Hunter should expect moderate hiking on this hunt. This is a horseback hunt so expect time in the saddle.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Transportation to and from Fort St John (YXJ) Airport provided by the outfitter.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
Hunter should be prepared for moderate to cold weather for this hunt. This is a horseback backcountry hunt. Base camp will be set up with a backpacking tent. Dress for temperatures from 15-77 degrees. Layering systems are a must. Be prepared for moderate hiking. Full gear list provided below. Temperatures can vary from -10C to 25C, contact outfitter for local forecast prior to hunt date.
What Outfitter Provides
- Field Transportation
- Wall Tent
What to Bring
- Clothing (Dress for temperatures from -10C to 25C) • Socks • Briefs/Boxer briefs • Long Underwear • Pants • Shirts • Gloves • Raingear – Jacket and Pants • Jacket
- Hunting Equipment • Day pack • Binoculars
- Footwear • Boots (2 pair) – high quality waterproof w/new laces and well treated/greased if leather. • Camp shoes (optional) • Blister kit (If clients have had problems with their feet before)
- Sleeping • Sleeping bag • Waterproof stuff/compression sack for sleeping bag •Pillow •Sleeping Pad
- Rifle Hunters • Gun & Scope (.30 caliber preferred – no handguns in Canada) • Rifle Sling & Scope cover • 1-2 boxes of shells • Hard weapon case (commercial flight) • Lightweight Soft case
- Miscellaneous • Digital Camera (Optional) • Flashlight/headlamp • Hard water bottle/Camel pack • Sunglasses w/head strap (Optional) • Spotting Scope – each guide will have one though (Optional) • Tripod-Compact (Optional) • Video Camera w/extra batteries(Optional) • Gaiters (Optional but recommended) Personal
- • Clients are responsible for all personal items. E.g. hygiene products, prescription medication, etc.
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring