- Gear List
This hunt is 2X1 spot and stalk hunt with the opportunity to use hounds as well. Price includes transportation, meals, lodging, license and tags for 2 bears per person.
- Species: Black Bear
- Average Classification: 6 - 7
- Shot Opportunity: 100
- Weapons: Muzzleloader, Archery, Rifle
- Hunt Catalog #: BH01
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
Targeting mature boars over 6 feet with good chances of 7 feet plus
May 24, 2020 - July 31, 2020
- Price: $5,500.00
Contact Outfitter for group rates. Option to upgrade to a suite in the lodge (economy lodging is included in the hunt price. Option for a non-hunter observer.
Hudson's Hope, British Columbia, Canada
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
The spring hunt will be glassing the clear cuts and cruising the 2 tracks in search of green grass where the bears will be feeding. Hunts generally start late morning and continue on till dusk, expect to spend many hours glassing with the peak times being just before dusk.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Cabin/Lodge?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Outfitter works closely with Williston Lake resort to provide lodging for Black Bear hunts when available. http://www.williston-lake.com/ Economy room provided, any upgrades to room will be additional cost.
- Menu & Food: Full Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
If staying at the lodge, the daily special is included in the hunt price. Anything above that, including alcohol will be an additional cost.
- Physical Conditions: All Vehicle Access?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
All Vehicle access, unless hounds are used. Then moderate hiking can be expected. Then moderate hiking can be expected. Outfitter can accommodate for all physical abilities. Spot and stalk you will use a side x side. 1-2 miles for hiking with hounds.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Transportation provided by the outfitter to and from Fort St John airport (YXJ).
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
This hunt is in the famous Canadian province of British Columbia. This is a game rich environment with lots of big game species. You will see lots of animals while putting your time in for the trophy you desire. Hunter should expect to spend all day in the field glassing for bears. Full gear provided below. Laundry available for guests staying at the lodge.
What Outfitter Provides
- Horses, tack & Saddle
- Field Transportation
- Licenses for 2 Bears (per hunter)
What to Bring
- Clothing (Dress for temperatures from -5C to 25C) • Socks • Briefs/Boxer briefs • Long Underwear • Pants • Shirts • Gloves • Raingear – Jacket and Pants • Jacket (1) – Medium weight
- Footwear • Boots (2 pair) – high quality waterproof w/new laces and well treated/greased if leather. • Camp shoes (optional) • Blister kit (If clients have had problems with their feet before)
- Rifle Hunters • Gun & Scope (Bolt action preferred, .30 caliber – no handguns in Canada) • Rifle Sling & Scope cover (Bikini rubber, Neoprene scope boot or Butler Creek flip-up type) • 1-2 boxes of shells (factory or reloads) • Hard weapon case (commercial flight) • Lightweight Soft case
- • Day pack
- • Binoculars
- • Digital Camera (Optional)
- • Flashlight/headlamp
- • Hard water bottle/Camel pack
- • Sunglasses w/head strap (Optional)
- • Spotting Scope-Variable– each guide will have one though (Optional)
- • Tripod-Compact (Optional)
- • Video Camera w/extra batteries(Optional)
- • Gaiters: OR Crocs or Mtn Hardware Nylon/Goretex (goat); Fleece (moose/bear) (Optional but recommended)
- • Clients are responsible for all personal items. E.g. hygiene products, prescription medication, etc.
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring