- Gear List
Every Elk hunt can be tailored to each individual/group. With the ability to hunt via vehicles, ATV and horseback there are options for every fitness level.
- Species: Elk
- Average Classification: 280 - 330
- Shot Opportunity: 80
- Weapons: Muzzleloader, Rifle, Cross Bow, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: BH03
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
Targeting mature 6 point bulls, there are oppurtunitys for 330+ bulls
September 01, 2020 - October 31, 2020
- Price: $8,500.00
$7000 per person for 2X1. Contact Outfitter for additional group prices
Contact Outfitter for additional group prices
Hudson's Hope, British Columbia, Canada
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
Here it is! A chance at trophy elk with your rifle during the rut. Screaming Bulls with your rifle! You will be met each morning by the wilderness in British Columbia and all it has to offer. This is a 1:1 fully guided 7 day rifle rut elk hunt with great trophy potential. You will be in the middle of British Columbia hunting rutting bulls with an expert caller as a guide. High energy fun elk hunt. Option to add a black bear and/or moose to the hunt. Option to shoot a wolf with a pre-purchased license (roughly $50) for no trophy fee. Wolves are purely opportunistic. Hunter will stay in a rustic cabin or wall tent.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Cabin/Lodge?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Clean and comfortable lodge will be provided. Hunters will stay in a remote cabin. This will be bunk-style lodging, in rustic cabins. Wall tent can also be used.
- Menu & Food: Full Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Incredible meals prepared each day. Homestyle cooking-meat and potatoes.
- Physical Conditions: Moderate Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
Hunter should be prepared for some moderate hiking on this hunt for big rutting bulls. Can accommodate any physical level. Hunter can expect 4-6 miles a day of hiking.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Tranpostaiont provided by outfitter to and from Fort St John Airport.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
Hunter should be prepared for moderate to cold weather during this hunt. Layering systems are recommended. This hunt can be arranged as horseback, ATV, or hiking. Meals and lodging included on this hunt. Full gear list is provided below.
What Outfitter Provides
List to be provided by outfitter
What to Bring
- Digital Camera (Optional)
- Hard water bottle/Camel pack
- Hunting Equipment • Day pack • Binoculars Rifle Hunters • Gun & Scope (.30 caliber preferred – no handguns in Canada) • Rifle Sling & Scope cover • 1-2 boxes of shells • Hard weapon case (commercial flight) • Lightweight Soft case
- Sleeping • Sleeping bag • Waterproof stuff/compression sack for sleeping bag •Pillow •Sleeping Pad
- Footwear • Boots (2 pair) – high quality waterproof w/new laces and well treated/greased if leather. • Camp shoes (optional) • Blister kit (If clients have had problems with their feet before)
- (Temperatures can vary from -10C to 25C, contact outfitter for local forecast prior to hunt date) Clothing (Dress for temperatures from -10C to 25C) • Socks • Briefs/Boxer briefs • Long Underwear • Pants • Shirts • Gloves • Raingear – Jacket and Pants • Jacket
- Sunglasses w/head strap (Optional)
- Spotting Scope – each guide will have one though (Optional)
- Tripod-Compact (Optional)
- Gaiters (Optional but recommended)
- Video Camera w/extra batteries(Optional)
- • Clients are responsible for all personal items. E.g. hygiene products, prescription medication, etc
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring